- This website is operated by ALD Automotive Ltd, trading as Lombard Vehicle Solutions of Oakwood Drive, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7LB and Lombard North Central PLC (“ALD”, “Lombard”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Details of ALD's notification to the data protection regulator may be found in the Information Commissioner's Office Public Register of Data Controllers at www.ico.co.uk under registration number Z5755978. Lombard North Central PLC's notification can be found under registration number Z8194658.
- For the purposes of this website and any credit or hire agreement you enter into, in relation to the use of your personal data Lombard North Central PLC are acting as a credit broker and introducing you to ALD Automotive Ltd, trading as Lombard Vehicle Solutions who are acting as the lender.
- Our Data Protection Officer is: Louise Gaskill, tel. 07718 366277, e-mail email@example.com
Information we may collect from you
How we use your information
- ALD will use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- in the normal course of our business, to allow us to register you to receive our Services and to provide you with our Services;
- to allow us to manage your account;
- to allow us to analyse your personal preferences and personalise our Services to you so that we can provide a more tailored experience to you;
- to store your Personal Data and other information which you provide to us to pre-populate fields to make it easier for you to provide information when you return to our sites;
- to ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- to record details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access on the basis that processing is necessary in order to perform our contract with you to provide our Services;
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about products and Services which we think may be of interest to you (details of how to manage your marketing preferences are covered below under Marketing);
- to validate your Personal Data (and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party) to check that the Personal Data we hold about our customers/users is accurate, consistent and up to date on the basis that you have consented to such processing by agreeing to share your Personal Data with us for such purposes;
- to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject on the basis that processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- in pursuit of our legitimate interests, such as developing and/or consolidating our business, defending our legal rights and/or seeking advice from our professional advisors;
- to make automated decisions, including profiling;
- to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies.
- We will endeavour periodically to check that the Personal Data we store for you is accurate. If you would like to update the Personal Data we hold about you, please contact us with your request.
- The provision of your contact information is mandatory if you are to receive our Services.
- The provision of Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing is voluntary and you do not need to provide such Personal Data in order to receive our Services. Information relating to your marketing preferences is detailed below under "Marketing".
Who do we share your information with?
- As part of using our Services, you consent to us sharing your Personal Data with the following parties:
- service providers and other third parties who process and store data on our behalf;
- third parties who provide maintenance and servicing of any vehicles you hire as part of the Services;
- professional advisors;
- individuals who you nominate as referees to verify certain information;
- In the event that our business, either in whole or in part, is acquired by a third party (in which case Personal Data about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contract with you; or to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
- We share Information with fraud prevention agencies about both active and prospective borrowers and lenders.
- We will seek your consent to such processing by asking you to tick relevant boxes situated on the page on which we collect your Personal Data.
How long do we store your personal data for?
- In any event, we will only store your Personal Data whilst you continue to use our Services. Electronic data is stored for 8 years after the contract is ended and scanned Agreement documents are kept for twelve years from the date they were loaded onto our Document Retrieval system. This allows for a maximum original contract length of 4 years and the legally required retention period.
How long do we store your personal data for?
- In order to ensure fair and transparent processing, we will, taking into account our processing activities, adopt appropriate procedures for the processing of Personal Data, which shall include implementing technical and organisational measures which take into account the harm that may be suffered, and correct inaccuracies identified in Personal Data processed, so that risk of errors are minimised and your Personal Data is processed in a fair and secure manner.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- From time to time, service providers and organisations with whom we work to provide Services to you or credit reference agencies with which we work, may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for Personal Data as the UK. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your Personal Data. We will also ensure that our service providers enter into compliant processing agreements with us to ensure that your Personal Data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- If you are a new customer and you have ticked to receive marketing information from us, we will contact you by e-mail, SMS text message, post and / or telephone.
- You can indicate that you do not wish to receive such marketing information at any time by amending your preferences by contacting us directly.
What are your rights?
- Access to your Personal Data: You may request access to a copy of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw your consent at any time. Upon a review of the request, in accordance with the relevant legislation, we will update our records accordingly (including where appropriate by deleting your data in line with your right to erasure set out below).
- Rectification: You may ask us to rectify inaccurate Personal Data held about you. If you would like to update the Personal Data we hold about you, please contact us directly.
- Erasure: You may ask us to delete your Personal Data. If you would like us to delete the Personal Data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below, specifying why you would like us to delete your Personal Data.
- Portability: You may ask us to provide you with the Personal Data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such Personal Data to another data controller.
- Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office, at ico.co.uk.
Our Cookies Policy is located at https://www.lombardvehiclesolutions.co.uk/cookie-policy.
Links to Other Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.